Item #2: Phasing Out Plastic Roll Bag Distribution on the Shopping Floor (40 minutes)
Discussion: "The Environmental Committee and concerned members recommend phasing out distribution of plastic roll bags on the shopping floor. They will present alternatives, which will help us comply with the Coop’s Environmental Policy, and address our role in the financial, environmental, health, and social injustice of plastic production, recycling, and pollution." —submitted by the Environmental Committee
We are hopeful that the vote will be scheduled at the March or April General Meeting; details will be announced here on our blog as soon as they are available.
- Proposal History
- Alternatives to Plastic Bags
- Important General Meetings, Workshops, and Events
- Supporters List (Add your name and member number.)
- How to Shop Without a Plastic Bag (PDF)
- Recent GM Slideshow (PDF)
- PSFC's Environmental Policy
Please don't hesitate to post a comment to share your thoughts or email us at ecokvetch at blogspot.com. Let us know if you want to get updates about the issues we are working on.
The Environmental Committee